Re: Boot-time hang with the CISS driver on HP 385

From: Raul <raul_at_pop.isdefe.es>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:01:10 +0200
Raul escribió:

[....]
> ciss0: PERFORMANT Transport
> ciss0: can't allocate interrupt
> panic: mtx_unlock() of spin mutex (null) _at_
> /usr/src/sys/dev/ciss/ciss.c:1903
> cpuid = 0
> KBD: enter: panic
[....]

After (some) re-reading and comparing dmesg's of other colleagues with
this hardware (hp dl 385) something wrong was happening with the irq
mapping on my boxes (acpi?). Several upgrades of bios, other OS running
on them before ... whatever. As a quick and dirty try i've erased nvram
leaving behind all previous settings. As a result, boot process goes
further ... and stop setting something about ipv6. I'll see more tomorrow.

Maybe this can also help on other systems with similar ciss controllers.

Regars,
Raul.