Re: vesa(4) and amd64

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:50:01 +0200
* ddk ddk <ddkprog_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I think this is a problem that has added a new terminal
>  teken by ed_at_
>
>  becouse there is no problem on freebsd 7 where is no teken
>  where I can switch to any low mode

Hmmm... As far as I know, syscons reinitializes the terminal completely
when switching resolutions. Does it crash? If so, are you capable of
obtainining a backtrace?

In my newcons branch I do have a very small patch for libteken that
changes the resizing behaviour. In my new vt console driver I do resize
the terminal emulator without reinitializing it completely, so I had to
make set_winsize() a bit more robust.

I think it's very unlikely that this patch fixes the issue you are
seeing, but please do try.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/