Re: vesa(4) and amd64

From: ddk ddk <ddkprog_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
> > ddk ddk wrote:
> >  I think this is a problem that has added a new
> terminal
> >  teken by ed_at_
> >
> >  becouse there is no problem on freebsd 7 where
> is no teken
> >  where I can switch to any low mode
>
> Hmmm... As far as I know, syscons reinitializes the
> terminal completely
> when switching resolutions. Does it crash? If so, are you
> capable of
> obtainining a backtrace?
>
> In my newcons branch I do have a very small patch for
> libteken that
> changes the resizing behaviour. In my new vt console driver
> I do resize
> the terminal emulator without reinitializing it completely,
> so I had to
> make set_winsize() a bit more robust.
>
> I think it's very unlikely that this patch fixes the issue
> you are
> seeing, but please do try.

the problem was localized
No more problems with switching to decrease the screen resolution in graphics modes
(I just updated to tag =.
I used to use its working version of freebsd consisting of many patches)

but exists problem in switching graphic screen back to text mode on ttyv0
but only on ttyv0

I can not provide backtrace because the system is fully freezes

sequence that leads to the problem
1) boot freebsd
2) stay only on ttyv0
3) kldload vesa
4) vidcontrol MODE_277 (800x600x32)
5) vidcontrol MODE_24  (80x24 text mode)

The system immediately freezes
switch to any of the consoles is an infinite beeeeeep

if you do the same but on another ttyvX (/dev/ttyv1 .../dev/ttyv9)
then there is no problem