Re: 8.0-RC1 Available

From: Ollivier Robert <roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:42:58 +0200
According to Ken Smith:
> other issues that have been brought up from the public testing.  And a
> patch set was committed by the people who handle porting ZFS to FreeBSD
> that they felt makes ZFS production-ready.

After playing quite a bit with zfsboot with both raidz and mirror configurations under
VMware, it seems that we may still have issues with booting from raidz pools. I've
validated the much simplier mirror setup. I have an "informal" howto based on various
mailing-lists messages and my own experience I may post if anyone wants it.

Cheers,

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto_at_keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/