Re: misc/compat6x port no longer sufficient for DRI under head?

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:12:06 -0500
On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 22:25 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2009-Sep-17 21:10:48 -0500, Robert Noland <rnoland_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> >True, however there is a bug in that if Xserver is built without hald,
> >it also doesn't get linked with pthreads.
>
> I've been using the fix in ports/139011 for several months.  I thought
> I'd submitted it but it looks like it slipped through the cracks.

Hrm, tls isn't really what I was referring to, but... There is an
equivalent option for mesa, but I've not really had success when I've
tried it.  It is supposed to work though, I'm not sure what has gone
wrong when I've tried to enable it previously.

If I am remembering correctly the pthread issue tends to show up when
you have built the server without hal and are using the intel ddx
driver.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>