Re: Various problems seen in RC1 (was: Re: tmux(1) in base)

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:31:27 -0300
On Tuesday 22 September 2009 6:17:56 am Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> > +10 ... bge won't resresume from suspend, a simple kldload atapicam
> > causes a fatal trap12 and ACPI support is just a matter of luck ...
> > and we are at -RC1 ...
>
> ACPI support seems to work very well: I can't remember the last time
> I personally saw a system that had issues which mattered.
> Regardless, have you reported these problems?  I know about the
> bge(4) problems on resume, but it doesn't look like anybody has
> reported the atapicam panic (which, by the way, doesn't panic for
> me), and without a PR for the ACPI problems, that's unlikely to get
> fixed too.

Hi there Gavin!

Regarding your questions, yes I have reported them in one way or
another ...

bge:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/136876

fwohci:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/136946

atapicam:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009781.html
although the OP was Alexandre Kovalenko
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009775.html
and then again:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-August/010937.html
which has been kindly replied to today by Jaakko Heinonen (patch
included but not tested yet, I'm at work right now :s )
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-September/011858.html

> If you are seriously seeing these problems, the solution is to report
> them, and provide enough information so that they stand a chance of
> being fixed before -RC2.
>
> Gavin

With all due respect Gavin, I've been doing that since I first bumped
into them back in June when I bought my notebook :s

Best Regards
Gonzalo
--
Blessings