Various problems seen in RC1 (was: Re: tmux(1) in base)

From: Gavin Atkinson <gavin_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:17:56 +0100 (BST)
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> +10 ... bge won't resresume from suspend, a simple kldload atapicam causes a
> fatal trap12 and ACPI support is just a matter of luck ... and we are at
> -RC1 ...

ACPI support seems to work very well: I can't remember the last time I
personally saw a system that had issues which mattered.  Regardless, have
you reported these problems?  I know about the bge(4) problems on resume,
but it doesn't look like anybody has reported the atapicam panic (which,
by the way, doesn't panic for me), and without a PR for the ACPI problems,
that's unlikely to get fixed too.

If you are seriously seeing these problems, the solution is to report
them, and provide enough information so that they stand a chance of being
fixed before -RC2.

Gavin