Re: BIND in the base (Was: Re: tmux(1) in base)

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:53:53 -0300
On 9/22/09, Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:14:12PM -0300, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
>> ... and what about sendmail??
>
> I suppose it doesn't matter to you that sendmail is
> actually maintained by Greg Shapiro, VP, CTO of
> Sendmail, Inc.

No, not really ...

>> couldn't it be easily replaced by DMA
>
> If you don't want to build and use sendmail, see
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail-changingmta.html

With all due respect, I already know that .. it's pretty clear in the
different manuals, hanbooks and how-ro's ... and that's exactly why I
never asked how can I remove sendmail and replace it with dma .. the
question was more inclined in the way: why such a heavywheight (which
is what a lot of users seem to be saying, and I agree with them) when
we could do just as well with dma (let alone the fact that we could
then cooperate with DragonFly, creating synergy, advancing toghether
towards the same goal amongst a plenty of other advantages).

Best Regards
Gonzalo