Re: tmux(1) in base

From: Svein Skogen (listmail account) <"Svein>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:31:09 +0200

Pete wrote:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote, in part:
>
>> Sergey Vinogradov <boogie_at_lazybytes.org> writes:
>>> I always wondered about are sendmail
>>> and bind9. These are pretty heavy, and definitely are not used in every
>>> single installation. Maybe someday I'll see sendmail and bind9 in ports
>>> instead of base system. And yes, I know about WITHOUT_BIND= and
>>> WITHOUT_SENDMAIL= :)
>
>> 2) Sendmail is used at least twice a day + once a week + once a month on
>>    every single FreeBSD installation in the world except those where the
>>    admin has intentionally installed and configured another MTA.
>
> That is to say, it's used by all systems that choose to keep using it.
> Many don't.

*snip mail down to readable size*

If you're really that dead set on having your system built without bind
and sendmail, I propose the following solution (for you):

echo 'WITHOUT_BIND="YES"' >> /etc/src.conf
echo 'WITHOUT_SENDMAIL="YES"' >> /etc/src.conf

The build and install world+kernel.

Should solve your problem, shouldn't it?

//Svein

- --
- --------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein_at_d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein_at_jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein_at_stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail_at_stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein_at_jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile_at_stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/