[Patch] [regression] libvgl and r197330 (kbd)

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:39:11 +0200
Hi all,

* Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 08:21:34AM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > * Anonymous <swell.k_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > >      VIDEOOUT: [VO_SDL] SDL initialization failed: Unable to initialize keymap.
> >
> > Ah, it seems SDL also calls GIO_KEYMAP. Just rebuilding SDL should fix
> > this. I promised to add a message to UPDATING as well, so I'll also
> > mention SDL should be rebuilt as well.
>
> I consider this as a very strong argument to keep the existing ioctl
> as is, and provide new ioctl that takes new table.

I've attached a patch that should restore binary compatibility. I first
thought this wasn't really needed, because most applications would use
K_RAW instead of K_XLATE anyway.

Just breaking binary compatibility with kbdcontrol(1) wouldn't have been
too bad, but it turns out things like SDL use this as well. I've
attached a patch that should restore binary compatibility. Anyone
interested in testing this before I commit it to SVN?

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/