IGMPv3 implementation

From: Philip Romanov <philip_romanov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Does the current implement IGMPv3 state machine when it comes to merging interface state changes during retransmissions as per 5.1 of RFC3376:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3376#section-5

I think I'm lost in the forest of red-black trees of igmp.c and missing something basic there.

It was expected to see IGMP interface state change merge engine along the lines of:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-IGMP-v3---Generation-of-Interface-State-Report-td21166759.html

i.e with per-source address retransmit counters, etc. Such implementation, for example, is seen in Linux stack.

Can somebody shed any light on it? What is the compliance of interface state "merge" during report retransmits?

Regards,

  Philip