Re: new ACPI warning after update to 9-current

From: Jung-uk Kim <jkim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:18:44 -0400
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 07:58 am, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after updating form 8-beta2 to current (r197613) I get the
> following new message while booting:

New ACPICA added partial support for executable at module level, which
is illegal by specification and previously ignored without warning.
Unfortunately many BIOSes out there has broken DSDT/SSDT because
Windows ACPI interpreter does not care although it is illegal since
ACPI 2.0.  I say "partial" because only three opcodes are supported
at module level ATM, i.e., If, Else, and While.  Basically, it is
telling you that unsupported opcode is found at module level.  For
more info, see the following commit:

http://git.moblin.org/cgit.cgi/acpica/commit/?id=80d7951177315f70b5ffd8663985fbf725d07799

Jung-uk Kim