Re: [RFC] Rewriting sade(8)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:38:09 +0200
Quoting "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru> (from Thu, 08 Apr 2010
10:51:08 +0400):

> On 08.04.2010 10:27, Bruce Cran wrote:
>> That's a shame. As long as the source isn't available it's of
>> little interest
>> to me.
>>
>> For anyone who wants to see the bits of code I've got so far, I've created a
>> Google Code project at http://code.google.com/p/gcpart/ . I'm
>> currently trying
>> to figure out how to get the partitioning scheme out of the XML
>> tree, which is
>> why there's no geom code there yet.  As soon as I do so, I'll start checking
>> in my effort at the new partitioning application.
>
> I just thinking about future of my project. It seems there are several people
> who worked on the same before. And I have not finished yet only few
> things from
> initially planned. After that i can remove any unused code, write
> some comments
> and publish it somewhere in perforce.

Please consider using SVN instead. A lot more users will be able to
check out from there.

> Also at this time code depends on changes which i made in
> geom_part.so and which
> are not yet commited into base system.
> After code review there can be several ways to go. And I have an
> interest which way
> will be for me :)

It looks like other people had a look at sysinstall, not at sade. As
sysinstall is supposed to be used at installation time, and the intent
for sade was to offer the functionality (or more) of the part of
sysinstall which is useful after installation (and to prevent admins
from using sysinstall after the installation to prevent some unwanted
foot-shooting), I do not think that we need to think about a strong
lock between sysinstall and sade.

If you can enhance sade beyond what sysinstall is able to do, I would
say go ahead (note: I committed sade).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Leela: "He's crude and gross and he treats me like a slave."
Fry: "Then dump his one-eyed ass."

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137