Re: [RFC] Rewriting sade(8)

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:19:48 +0200
John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> writes:
> > My suggestion is to add a "sysinstall mode" to sade where it
> > operates under certain (minor) constraints and reports what it did
> > in a format that sysinstall can parse, so sysinstall can just
> > fork-exec sade instead of duplicating the code.
> Actually, I would rather have sysinstall just invoke sade to do the
> disk related stuff.

...which is exactly what I said - but in the sysinstall case, you may
want to ask some additional questions ("are you sure you want to proceed
without a swap partition?") or place some additional constraints (such
as "don't allow the user to mount something on top of /mnt or /rescue"),
and sysinstall needs to know the outcome.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no