[CFT]: ClangBSD is selfhosting, we need testers now

From: Roman Divacky <rdivacky_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:08:18 +0200
Hi,

ClangBSD is a branch of FreeBSD that aims at integrating clang (clang.llvm.org)
into FreeBSD, replacing GCC as a system compiler.

Recently, we've achieved the state when clang can compile all of FreeBSD world
on i386/amd64 platforms (including all the C++ apps we have and itself)
and a bootable kernel. Thus we feel that the time has come to ask the FreeBSD
community for wider testing on i386/amd64 (you sure can help with other
platforms too :)).

How to setup ClangBSD:

The default configuration of ClangBSD requires clang installed so you can
either install fresh llvm-devel port (portinstall devel/llvm-devel) or change
CC to "gcc" and CXX to "g++" in share/mk/sys.mk. I recommend the former.

	svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/clangbsd/ clangbsd

	cd clangbsd && make buildworld

	echo NO_WERROR= >> /etc/make.conf
	echo WERROR=    >> /etc/make.conf

	make DESTDIR=/clangbsd-chroot/ installworld

now you have ClangBSD world installed and you can chroot into it. I don't
recommend installing ClangBSD into real root as it is not tested enough.

You can also start using clang compiled kernel - either build the kernel in
the ClangBSD chroot (set NO_WERROR=yo and WERROR=yo in /etc/src.conf) or set
CC to clang and build kernel the normal way.

This information (and more) is also provided on:

	http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang

We kindly ask you to setup ClangBSD chroot and/or use clang compiled kernel and
use it as you would normally use FreeBSD. Please report back

Thank you,

   Roman Divacky on behalf of the ClangBSD team