Re: Removal of ICC (intel compiler) bits from mk

From: V. T. Mueller, Continum <v.t.mueller_at_continum.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:20:26 +0200
Hello,

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> If someone would get icc 11.x up and runnig as a port (similar to what
> we have for outdated icc version in the ports collection), I would have
> a look if my contact at Intel is still working there in a position which
> allows him to get a commercial license for us.

A while ago it was stated by MySQL AB, that their dbms performs about
20% better when compiled with icc instead of gcc. Is this (still) true?

Cheers,
--
Volker T. Mueller
Continum AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg im Breisgau
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6866
Vorstand: Rolf Mathis, Volker T. Mueller
Vorsitzender d. Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Karl-F. Fischbach