Re: Removal of ICC (intel compiler) bits from mk

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:48:41 -0700
I think sometimes we act as if code that is removed from the tree is
gone forever, with no possibility of it ever returning. I don't
understand this attitude. :)  If something is unsupported it should be
removed, Q.E.D. There is no reason to think of possible reasons that we
might want it to stay.

Meanwhile, FYI, ports/lang/icc7 has been marked DEPRECATED since 8/8
with removal scheduled for 2010-09-01 based on the distinfo not
containing a SHA256 line and (AFAICS) no distfiles available. If and
only if someone wants to actively develop a newer version the old port
will remain in the repo and can still be used as the basis of a repo
copy to a newer version if that is necessary and/or desirable.

hth,

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso