Re: Official request: Please make GNU grep the default

From: Szilveszter Adam <szilveszter.adam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:27:59 +0200
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 09:42:01PM +0000, b. f. wrote:
> Gabor:
>
> One more thing to look into, in addition to the context problems,
> ndisgen breakage, and problems on certain file systems:
>
> At r211506, 'grep -wq' does not seem to work properly (in the very
> least, it is not the same as with GNU grep), and has broken the
> 'check-categories' target (and hence builds) of all ports with 'lisp'
> in CATEGORIES.

Seconded. This also breaks the ports using bsd.apache.mk, and what's
worse, it does so silently. I have been bitten by this myself with
www/apache22, several core modules have not been built resulting in a
useless apache installation.

So, I believe there is more to do here than just performance
optimisation.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM