Re: symbol versioning on libgcc?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:04:21 -0700
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 02:51:16PM -0400, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:36:03 -0400
> Boris Kochergin <spawk_at_acm.poly.edu> wrote:
>
> > Steve Kargl wrote:
> > > I know that several libraries in FreeBSD
> > > uses symbol versioning.  In looking through
> > > src/ I was unable to determine whether
> > > symbol versioning is used on libgcc.  Any
> > > guidance would be appreciated.
> > >

> > I don't think it is. I haven't poked at any sources, but there are no
> > FBSD* symbols in /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so, which is what's used in symbol
> > versioning in, say, /lib/libc.so.7.
> >
> > -Boris
>
> And above is wrong. Just for the record. What FBSD* symbol versions
> have to do with the library independently versioned by FSF?

I'm trying to test a gfortran 4.6.0 patch that implements
REAL(16), which means that TFmode needs to be supported.
The GCC infrastructure currently does not build with TFmode
on FreeBSD, and so a patch has been created.  The last item
that needs attention is symbol versioning.  See the thread
starting at

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2010-08/msg00431.html

--
Steve