Re: svn commit: r211908 - head/sys/dev/ichwd

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:18:59 -0400
At 02:47 PM 8/30/2010, Xin LI wrote:

>My guess is that your motherboard provided another watchdog (like
>Winbond based super I/O chips) which requires a driver, you can try this
>one if you wish:
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/winbondwd/
>
>I've no idea about your ichwd issue though.

Hi,
Thanks for the link!  I had a look on Intel's site and didnt find
anything specifically mentioning the type of watchdog.  This is an
actual intel branded board and not supermicro.

No luck with the driver. However, I will give it a try on some of the
MBs that do have Winbond WDs. A long time ago I hacked together one
for the 83697

http://www.tancsa.com/watchdog/itxwd-1.0/

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike_at_sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike