(CTRL-C to abort) console spam

From: Colin Percival <cperciva_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 07:37:38 -0800
Hi all,

The '(CTRL-C to abort)' which gets printed while dumping is irritating me
because EC2's console has a very limited buffer and having this spammed
makes it impossible to see any printfs immediately prior.  (Turning off
dumping solves the problem, but creates a worse problem, namely a lack of
dumps.)  I'd like to add a sysctl to optionally disable this message, with
a default behaviour of printing the message.

Two questions for the list:
1. Any objections to adding such a sysctl?
2. What colour should the sysctl^W^W^W^W name should the sysctl be given?

I'm leaning towards debug.quietdump, but it's not a strong preference.

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve