Re: Atheros WIFI is not recognized on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1

From: Eugene Dzhurinsky <bofh_at_redwerk.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 01:48:28 +0200
On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 08:13:57PM +0100, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> >> Could you please test code from here:
> >> http://gitorious.org/ndisulator
> >
> > Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand how to use that. Should I copy the
> > folders to /usr/src and rebuild world and kernel?
>
> Just use mount_nullfs, no need to change files.

Hello, Paul!

I've got the chance to play with the sources. What I've done:

1) copied folders into appropriate places of /usr/src
2) built and installed ndis module
3) built and installed if_ndis module
4) built and installed ndiscvt executable
5) generated athw_sys.ko module
6) copied athw_sys.ko module into /boot/kernel
7) rebooted
8) manually loaded ndis and if_ndis module (the latter was loaded
automatically by ndis as I realized)
9) loaded athw_sys
10) booted

and on initializing of ndis device kernel panic was detected on page read at
some address.

If I did something wrong, or I can provide you with some more information -
please let me know, what would you like me to send you (and how to get it).

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky