Re: Call for tester: VirtualBox 3.1.2 for FreeBSD (take 2)

From: Hideki Yamamoto <hyama99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:52:26 +0900
Hi!

Thank you for your work.
While testing virtualbox-port-r621.tar.gz, I have found several problems.
I think all of them are not new problems.
I will be very happy if you resolve these problems.

1. Japanese keyboard problem:
 1.1 Problem
    - Under score key does not work in guest FreeBSD-9-Current
    - No character is input when typing under score key on JP.106 type
      keyboard.
 1.2 Environment
    - I am using jp.106 layout keyboard. I set
         keymap="jp.106x"
     in /etc/rc.conf. On console, Under score key is effective.
   - Using gnome 2.28 on FreeBSD 9-current.
     in order to type under score "_", I set a Xmodmap setting in
     /root/.xinitrc
           xmodmap -e "keycode 151 = backslash underscore kana_RO"
      This line works well. On gnome-terminal, I can input under score well.
    - About virtualbox, host is FreeBSD-9 Current, and Guest is also FreeBSD
      -9 Current.
    - /etc/rc.conf in Guest has the same keymap configuration:
         kyemap="jp.106x"

  1.3 Related information
    - When searching resemble problems by Google, I have found a Japanese
       tips to input under score in guest OS on VMware on CentOS 5.2. It says
       (1) This problem comes from Host OS, not from Guest OS.
       (2) On Cent OS(Host OS), you should set the following line
            in ~/.vmware/preference
               xkeymap.keycode.211=0x073

   1.4 Comments on this problem
      - I wonder if there is information like 1.3 on vmware or not.

2. Setting two CPU problem
 2.1 Problem
   - Hw is Intel Core2 Duo E7200. But on virtualbox configuration menu,
     I cannot select two CPU. Menu bar cannot move from "1CPU".
  2.2 Environment
    - Guest and Host is also FreeBSD 9-Current.
    - While compiling something on guest OS, when "system monitor" on
      gnome is running, we can see two CPU is working well for guest OS
      application.
    - Is the problem in 2.1  GUI problem?

Best regards,

Hideki Yamamoto