Re: vge traffic problem

From: David Ehrmann <ehrmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:04:08 -0800
Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 02:43:02PM -0800, David Ehrmann wrote:
>
>> It seems to be working, but I'm going to keep testing it before I
>>
>> proclaim it fixed.  Will these changes be in 8.1?

I spoke too soon.  Now an nfs client is having problems.  I ran iperf
and saw what looks like a decent rx connection, but a tx connection
where up to 2% of UDP packets are dropped (see
http://pastebin.com/m1c067417 ).  If both sides are gigabit connections,
I see more like 13%.  If I flip client and server sides, the results
still show issues with vge tx.

I ran iperf like this:  iperf -s -u -r and iperf -c 10.0.x.x -u -r.
Other machines have problems with the vge interface, but drop no more
than a packet between themselves.

This doesn't happen with my vr interface.  I gave it an IP in a
192.168.x.x subnet and repeated the test.  Most of the time, zero
packets were dropped.  When packets were dropped, it was fewer than 2%.

Are there any known bugs that cause UDP tx packet drops on vge?