Re: top(1) + vmstat(8): CPU percentages broken

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:05:39 +0100 (CET)
Attilio Rao wrote:
 > 2010/1/25 Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>:
 > > [...]
 > >  > May you revert r202387, 202441 and 202534 and see if it does make a difference?
 > >
 > > Yes, reverting those fixes the problem.  The CPU statistics
 > > are back to normal.
 >
 > With the latest current, may you please provide a verbose dmesg?
 > May you also provide a %sysctl kern.timecounter?

Is a current of last week (2010-01-18) sufficient?  I haven't
seen any commits to the clock subsystem in the meantime, so
it should be sufficient.  Verbose dmesg, sysctl and much more
can be found here:

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/dmesg/hs22/

(It's with the "broken" kernel, i.e. with the above-mentioned
revisions not reverted.)

If 2010-01-18 isn't sufficient, I'll have to update, but that
will take some time.  The machine has no network, and I don't
have physical access to it, so it's a little troublesome to
get any files to/from it.  IBM's painful remote console app
doesn't even support copy&paste.  :-(

Best regards
   Oliver

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -- Mother Teresa