Re: [CFT] ZFS v15 patch (version 3)

From: jhell <jhell_at_dataix.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:04:35 -0400
On 07/05/2010 07:50, Martin Matuska wrote:
> Direct link to the patch:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v15/head-v15-v3.patch
>
> For full operation (commands zfs allow, unallow, userspace, grouspace)
> the python port must be installed, otherwise these comands don't work or
> have only limited functionality. The port will be added to the ports
> tree soon, you can download it from:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v15/sysutils_py-zfs.tar.gz

	It should be worth noting for those that have been using the v16 patch
in the previous v16 CFT that have installed this port and are
downgrading their system to v15 that they will have to recompile the
port once the downgrade is complete otherwise this will end up in a
"Segmentation fault" when (zfs [allow/unallow/groupspace/userspace]) is run.

> I would be very grateful for testing on different architectures, mainly
> on amd64, i386 and sprarc.

Martin,

***
	The above python port calls /usr/lib/zfs/pyzfs.py which is installed
from /usr/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/pyzfs.py that has the
following bang line for both the noted files.

#! /usr/bin/python2.4 -S

Could this be changed to:

#! /usr/bin/env python -S

***

	I think since the integration of python for use with ZFS commands has
worked its way in it might just be worth STRONGLY noting somewhere that
python is now heavily depended on for these functions.

	As for stable/8 i386, ZFSv15 has been stable as a rock. I was running
v16 with no problems but since it seems unlikely that v16 will make it
down to stable/8 I downgraded to v15 on revision 209732. As for the
python testing I am still a little bit shaky with but getting used to
it. If there is more information that I can provide you with for i386
please let me know or Ill write back with anything if something should
arise.

Regards & Thanks for the great work on this.

--

 |j|h|e|l|l|