Re: [CFT] ZFS v15 patch (version 3)

From: jhell <jhell_at_dataix.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:45:25 -0400
On 07/13/2010 12:30, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> If there's any way to backport ZFS log device removal that would be
> very helpful. That's the primary hold up for ops folks moving our
> OpenSolaris servers to FreeBSD.

I second this.

In explanation I have one machine that needs to be rearranged for a
upgrade/update for a different purpose than what it is currently doing
that is holding up some of the other tasks that are planned. I already
made the mistake once in a test situation by removing a log device that
was da0 during a reboot & popped in another device, something happened,
rebooted the machine, plugged in original and the situation was
irreparable causing the pool to be corrupt.

Needless to say it was only a test environment but this has stopped me
cold from using further log devices because of this. ;(

This is not really top priority right now but would be a great Christmas
present ;)

If someone points me in the right direction I guess I could always start
reviewing the changes for inclusion on a patch against head & stable/8.

Regards, Thanks & Good Luck,

--

 |j|h|e|l|l|