Re: current + mpt = panic: Bad link elm 0xffffff80002d6480 next->prev != elm

From: Ståle Kristoffersen <staale_at_kristoffersen.ws>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:55:28 +0200
On 2010-07-20 at 12:17, Marius Strobl wrote:

> > > Ok, this at least means that your problem isn't caused by the recent
> > > changes to mpt(4) as the pre-r209599 version only differed from the
> > > 8-STABLE one in a cosmetic change at that time.
> >
> > I have another data-point, I cvsup'ed to the latest current again, and
> > rebuilt without INVARIANT and WITNESS, and now it seems to survive the
> > timeouts.
>
> That's more or less expected as the sanity check issuing the panic
> just isn't compiled in then. However, my understanding was that with
> STABLE you don't get the timeouts in the first place, or do you see
> them there also?

I got the timeouts with STABLE as well, that was the reason for me to
try out CURRENT. I'm sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

My main concern is to get rid of the timeouts, but a panic on one can't be
right. How can I debug this further? I can get timeout fairly consistent by
putting a bit of load on the drives. If it would help I can also provide
remote access.

I'm trying to update the firmware on some of the drives now to see if that
helps with the timeouts.

--
Ståle Kristoffersen