Re: [patch and review please] 64 CPU Support

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:57:30 +0300
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 01:48:53PM -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> Reposting from -stable.
>
> Kind of a large patch, but in order to make an omlette, you need to
> break a few servers.
>
> This is a diff against -CURRENT, not stable-8 as I didn't get a chance
> to test it.  It is directly based off of changes that peter_at_ made to the
> Yahoo FreeBSD 7 tree.
>
> I have compile and boot tested this on my local machines, but I don't
> have 64 CPU machines to test upon.
>
> Sean

Very low-priority comment (I looked at the patch at the time it was
posted to stable_at_). Nice thing about the patch is that it presumably
identifies all the places that depend on the wideness of the cpu
mask. Would it make sense to abstract the cpumask operations with
some macros to not repeat the search for the places when 64 will
be too narrow again ?