Re: [CFT] BSDL iconv in base system

From: Gabor Kovesdan <gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:44:08 +0200
El 2010. 06. 17. 23:21, Anonymous escribió:
> Gabor Kovesdan<gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>  writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>>     $ make installworld TARGET=i386 DESTDIR=/b/bbb
>>>     ===>   usr.bin/mkcsmapper (install)
>>>     install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   mkcsmapper /b/bbb/usr/bin
>>>     strip: /b/bbb/usr/bin/mkcsmapper: File format not recognized
>>>     install: wait: No such file or directory
>>>     *** Error code 70
>>>

>> If cross-compiling doesn't work, how did you build the former one that
>> gave you that error?
>>
> Here is my guess
>
> libiconv_modules compiles fine but installs both normal and lib32 objdir
> into /usr/lib when lib32 should use /usr/lib32.

Oh, this seems like a relevant guess. I'll have to handle it in the
Makefile then by checking if we are cross-compiling and I'll also have
to add an #ifdef or something in the libc part to select the module path
conditionally.
> mkcsmapper/mkesdb are failing to install because they're treated as
> build-tools for host system and never compiled for target
> system. However, they're not included in lib32 target and so are not
> built for i386 arch during normal buildworld on amd64 host where
> host = target.

Yes, another good catch.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor_at_FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor_at_kovesdan.org
WEB:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesdan.org