Re: Having a problem with security/libassuan-1 when compiling gnupg.

From: Dima Panov <fluffy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:58:46 +1100
On Friday 18 June 2010 18:46:49 Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> On 01/-10/-28163 20:59, Doug Barton wrote:
> > 3. kdepim4 My understanding is that the version currently under
> > development has support for libassuan 2.0.0, and will be released in
> > August. The kde_at_ folks have indicated that if there is a need to update
> > it sooner they can most likely do that based on patches that are
> > currently available.
>
> [...]
>
> >  > I am unsure what happens when some ports want v1 and others want v2.
> >  > This may not be an issue if the updated ports can be deal with either
> >  > API, but I have no idea whether that is the case.
> >
> > The current situation is that having both versions installed is
> > incompatible. My preference would be that the maintainers of the
> > affected ports upgrade to depend on assuan 2.0.0 and then we can remove
> > libassuan-1. If it becomes necessary to support having both versions
> > installed then "Plan C" at this point would be to modify libassuan-1 to
> > support this.
>
> I thought "Plan C" was a requirement -- and from your first mails, I
> thought this was planned.
>
> deskutils/kdepim4 LIB_DEPENDS on libassuan-1 and gpgme. security/gpgme
> RUN_DEPENDS on gpg2. security/gnupg LIB_DEPENDS on assuan.0.
>
> Hence, building deskutils/kdepim4, I need security/libassuan-1 and
> security/libassuan installed that list each other in CONFLICTS.
>
> I have not actually tried to build deskutils/kdepim4 after the gnupg
> update, but is it not currently broken?
>
> If that is correct, either kde_at_ has to patch deskutils/kdepim4 (which
> they do not plan from the discussion at that list) or you have to patch
> security/libassuan-1 (which you do not plan from your statement above).
> Will we have a deskutils/kdepim4 with 8.1-RELEASE?

kde4 not hardy require libassuan-1. if it absend, kleopatra will use own internal
functions ans loss a minimum functionality
kde4.5 will have full support for libassuan2

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov _at_ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29