Re: r209240 ia64 -> buildworld -> undefined reference to `lzma_physmem'

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:22:31 +0200
Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bristol.ac.uk> writes:
> Sorry, just to take one step back, why has this become necessary for
> this particular box?

I have no idea or opinion - I just responded to jhell's incorrect
instructions for "updating your headers".

> If /usr/obj is empty, and "svn up", followed by "svn diff", doesn't
> show any local changes, why can't I go straight to make buildworld?

If you're going to make buildworld, there is no reason whatsoever to
"update your headers".  That is only necessary if you want to shortcut
the build process after applying patches which you know affect some
headers.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no