Re: No issues, just informative QEMU boot

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:00:58 +0300
Sean Bruno wrote:
> With the large amount of churn in key parts of FreeBSD ongoing, I
> thought I'd post a dmesg from a booting FreeBSD Current instance I use
> all the time.  This is under KVM/QEMU on Fedora 12.
>
> there's some interesting things relating to timers and such.

Thanks. I've noticed one thing there: QEMU seems don't enumerate i8254
timer device over ACPI. I was wondering if such systems exist, and now I
see one. Luckily there is enough other timers to work fine without it.

You may also try to check two HPET timers working in even more fresh
"legacy route" mode by adding to /boot/loader.conf:
hint.atrtc.0.clock=0
hint.attimer.0.clock=0
hint.hpet.0.legacy_route=1

--