Re: ports and PBIs

From: Kris Moore <kris_at_pcbsd.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:33:49 +0000
On 05/01/2010 00:29, James Butler wrote:
> Genuine (possibly stupid) question -in PBI land, what happens if
> package B is, say, CUPS? Does one need versioned rc.d scripts to start
> one or the other? Which one gets to claim port 631?
>
> -James Butler

That is a problem we are dealing with right now. We have to check to
ensure that we don't already have a rc.d script for CUPS, and default to
the pre-existing one if so. The only other option I see is that we
default to the PBI one, but either way we can only have one copy running
at a time :)

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software