Re: Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

From: Gustau Pérez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:04:51 +0200

En/na Weongyo Jeong ha escrit:
> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 06:08:05PM +0200, Gustavo Perez Querol wrote:
>>> Hello Gustau, I'm so sorry for belated response that I had no time to
>>> read and work email and wireless stuffs.
>>>
>>> Could you please test this symptom with attached patch?  It looks in
>>> CURRENT it missed to initialize a ratectl when it associates with AP.
>>>
>>   The patch made the machine to panic. I think it happened when launching
>> the supplicant. In fact, right now it works by putting the RF switch to
>> OFF. As soon as I change it to ON the machine panics.
>>
>>   It get a trap 12, with two reasons : page fault and "bufwrite, buffer is
>> not busy?"
>>
>>   I'm running 9.0/AMD64 from 1 of May (don't know exact svn revision).
>>
>>   Do you want me to test anything else ?
>
> OK.  The patch is ready to test.  Could you please test it with attached
> patch?
>
> regards,
> Weongyo Jeong

   I've just updated to FreeBSD 8.1 PRERELEASE and I see the
unsupported rate problem again. I applied the patch for CURRENT and it
works. So I guess the patch was not MFC in the 8.1 branch.

   However it still works slow (betwenn 200 and 300 kbytes/s). I tried
using a rum dongle with the same AP (which is a 8.0-STABLE system with
an Atheros card) and works great when uploading (2Mb sustained).

   In my laptop I see now messages like these :

            bwn0: RX decryption attempted (old 0 keyidx 0x1)

   If you want me to try anything, let me know.

   Regards,

   Gus

- --
PGP KEY : http://www-entel.upc.edu/gus/gus.asc