Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

From: Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:23:25 +0200
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> From what it was claimed, even without the import, users can install
> whatever compiler from ports, set CC and start the build. Essentially,
> the import blesses the clang and its current state as ready for wide use.

Not necessarily. If it is
- disabled by default
- not recommended anywhere
- recommended against for production usage (I suspect it will carry
the usual "might set your dog on fire" - disclaimer for a while)

that's hardly a glowing recommendation.  I'm not sure if it's the best
comparison, but it reminds me of how SCHED_ULE was available but
mostly ignored until it was made default.

--
Daniel Nebdal