Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:07:44 +0200
On 2010-05-31 16:49, Steve Kargl wrote:
>> So, what exactly should we expect, if anything, to break? :)
>
> Did you build and install new boot code?  ISTR that clang
> can't compile src/sys/boot/i386/boot0 to the required
> 512 bytes.

No, boot0 is written in assembly, and run through the regular (GNU)
assembler.  Neither gcc nor clang do anything more except calling the
linker.

The only component (in the whole clangbsd src tree) which still needs to
be compiled with gcc is boot2, which otherwise ends up just a little too
big, and doesn't fit.  This is being worked on, but it isn't very
critical, really.  Note that clangbsd automatically uses gcc for this
specific code, unless you override it manually.