Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

From: Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:30:18 -0500
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Steve Kargl
<sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 02:49:35AM -0500, Brandon Gooch wrote:
>>
>> I'm running on a "full" ClangBSD system (world and kernel), and I've
>> had no issues for the past couple of days. I've had the machine
>> working nearly constantly -- building new and updating installed
>> ports, running several ezjails (PostgreSQL, Apache 2.2, etc...), and
>> generally using/abusing my computer by watching Flash video on the
>> bsdconferences channel on YouTube...
>>
>> So, what exactly should we expect, if anything, to break? :)
>
> Did you build and install new boot code?  ISTR that clang
> can't compile src/sys/boot/i386/boot0 to the required
> 512 bytes.

No, I didn't install new boot code. Whether or not it was built, I'll
check and see; I'm not sure exactly when/where it's built -- during
buildkernel?

This is an example of the reason I put the quotes around "full" -- I'm
not sure exactly how completely ClangBSD my system really is :)

-Brandon