Re: wpa_supplicant gets points for trying, I suppose....

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:55:18 -0700
On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 06:30:10PM +0100, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> Thanks. I had quick look into that and I currently do not see an easy
> way to address that issue, as in tell wpa_supplicant about the device's
> state. This might change though once a newer wpa_supplicant has been
> imported.

I'm not entirely surprised -- a quick look I took at sys/dev/iwn seemed
to indicate to me that whiule iwn(4) could whine about the switch, it
didn't have much in the way of ability to actually provide information
about that status in some other way (e.g., a non-zero return from
attempt to mess with the device).  But I don't claim extensive expertise
in that area.

> For now just add wpa_supplicant_flags="-qqqq" to rc.conf.

:-}  That, or decide to ignore the silly messages....  Noted, thanks.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.