Re: psm(4) - synaptics touch pad strange behavier

From: <lists_at_somerandom.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 21:48:36 +0000
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:02:17 +0100
Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 26.09.2010 17:44, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> > Hi psm(4) masters!
> >
> > 	I have trouble using Synaptics TouchPad, psm(4) on my CF-R9.
> > 	The trouble is that the mouse cursor moves at random, and
> > the mouse button is clicked without button action.  I heard same
> > 	trouble from ume_at_'s CF-R8.
> >
> > 	So I enabled options PSM_DEBUG=5 and traced psm's packets.
>
> My Synaptics touchpad was going back to "Relative Mode" after
> initialization (enable_synaptics) and I never identified the reason. I
> think yours is suffering from the same behaviour.

This may or may not be helpful, so my apologies if I'm up the wrong
tree.  I'm not sure if the CF-R{8,9} share the same touchpad.

I have a CF-19k and my Synaptics pad was never recognised as such, so a
while ago I attempted to hack the psm(4) code to force it.  I was able
to force it and change from abs to relative (or maybe the other way,
I forget), but when I did I had similar problems with a cursor moving at
random.

Is your touchpad a Fujitsu touchscreen/touchpad (FJC6001 - I think) like
the CF19? If so I believe Linux have a Fujitsu Lifebook
touchscreen/touchpad driver that treats the device as two different
units, touchpad & touchscreen (I believe the hardware appears only as
one device but has two outputs). Unfortunately, the touchpad side of
things appears to be a plain ps/2 device without Synaptics
capabilities (the hardware/programming spec was out on the Internet at
some point). However, with very minimal effort I think the touchscreen
could be enabled via psm(4).  I have not been able to try it as my CF19
has the Wacom touchscreen (which doesn't work on CURRENT :( ), but it
still retains the full Fujitsu touchscreen/touchpad device.

HTH, if not good luck and sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

Rob