Re: Openoffice doesn't work with kernel+world built with Clang

From: Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:36:23 -0200
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 9.0-current (r214167) amd64, kernel and world built
> with clang and all ports built with gcc, and i cannot start
> openoffice anymore, it shows splash, start to go up and die.
>
> If I reinstall world+kernel built with gcc openoffice works fine.
>
> The is a ktrace result available [1], let me know if you need
> more information or tests.

For now i solve my problem adding this to /etc/src.conf

.if ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc"
CC=cc
CXX=c++
.endif

This way libgcc_s.so is built using gcc instead of clang and the problem
is gone. I just wonder other problems we can find since simething on
libgcc_s.so is broken when built with clang.

--
Renato Botelho