Re: MTX_DEF versus MTX_SPIN

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:12:50 -0400 (EDT)
> >> Not really. :-/
> >>
> > Just a dumb obvious suggestion. Imho, there is no better doc. than
> > some
> > well written code, so maybe someone familiar with the drivers can
> > suggest
> > one (or two) that they consider well written and use the current
> > conventions
> > as "examples"?
>
> we try every now and then to put good examples in /usr/share/examples
> but I think what's there is hopelessly out of date.

Yep, that's the inevitable problem with this kind of doc. What I was
suggesting was to list a couple of the current drivers in src/sys as
good examples of "best practice" and hope they stay current, if they're
in the kernel source tree and being used for current hardware.

But, just a suggestion (and the "list" could/will get out of date
someday), rick