Re: Syscons and termcap

From: Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:08:01 -0200
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
> Hello Eir,
>
> * Eir Nym <eirnym_at_gmail.com>, 20101109 05:10:
>> I've compiled -CURRENT kernel with UTF-8 and CONS25 support. ( r214751 )
>>
>> in xterm emulation mode I have problems with bindings for some keys,
>> such as Home
>> If I start vis(1) and press Home, I always get "^[[H" sequence instead
>> of "^[OH" which is defined in termcap (5) file.
>>
>> I get correct results after switching to cons25.
>>
>> What do I wrong ? Does sc(4) driver in current correctly support
>> xterm-like key bindings?
>
> Yes, but not only must you set TERM=xterm, you must also remove
> TEKEN_CONS25 from your kernel configuration or run vidcontrol -T xterm
> on that specific window. There is almost no reason why anyone would want
> to use the TEKEN_CONS25 option.
>
> Depending on whether the terminal is switched to cursor keys mode, it
> will return ^[[H or ^[OH. See /sys/teken/teken.c, teken_get_sequence().

Hi Ed,

Well, few weeks ago I moved from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 on my Xorg
environment, and after reading this I decided to make a test.

I rebuilt my 9.0-current (r215031) with option TEKEN_UTF8 in kernel
config, and after configure my syscons to use cp850-* fonts i can
see UTF-8 chars properly \o/

The only thing i cannot do here is to type chars with accent like αι
on console, because it seems to don't respect deadkeys, when I
press ' the char ' is show and never wait the next char to compose
a new one when necessary. Is it a knwon issue or i'm doing
something wrong?

I'm using us.iso.kbd

Regards
--