Re: libcompiler_rt now part of FreeBSD's base system [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:24:56 +0800
    0n Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:52:43PM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:

    >I just committed libcompiler_rt.a to HEAD. Even though I don't expect
    >serious issues -- especially not on the tier 1 architectures -- be sure
    >to contact me in case something goes wrong. I hooked it up to the build
    >in a separate commit, so if your system starts to act weird, just revert
    >r215127.

Can you please explain to us what this actually brings to the table for freebsd ?
I know it replaces libgcc ... but why is that such a good thing ?

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.