Re: make installworld fails

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:01:21 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> There might be a handful of other apps that don't work when upgrading
> from major version to major version (config; the way to work around this

I thought we only supported major version upgrades by first upgrading from
RELENG_X_Y to RELENG_X and then to RELENG_{X+1}_Z, but I didn't find
documentation for that in a quick check.

> This should be fixed in the share/zoneinfo Makefile (but might be
> tricky with cross-builds); producing an UPDATING entry to document the
> breakage might be good enough.

I had actually thought we fixed it a year ago when I ran into issues with
r198351, but my memory is a bit hazy on what actually happened.

-Ben Kaduk