Re: panic with devclass_get_name (dc=0xdeadc0dedeadc0de)

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:37:10 +0200
Hi.

Roger Hammerstein wrote:
> And then wait 30 seconds to a minute.
> I get a bunch of g_vfs_done():ad8[write(offset=146023743488,length=16384)]error=6

This part look suspicious. ENXIO may mean that device disappeared. Shown
"use after free" panic also may tell the same. Could you boot with
verbose kernel messages and repeat it again? It would be interesting to
get some prehistory of what's going on.

This may be result of some hardware issue, not properly handled by
software. Error recovery is not a best point of old ata(4). You could
try to switch to CAM-based ATA using ATA_CAM kernel option. It probably
won't fix original problem, but it better handles situations with
disappearing devices and may give more ideas.

--
Alexander Motin