Re: Is nvidia-driver 256.53 expected to work on -current?

From: Rob Farmer <rfarmer_at_predatorlabs.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:49:04 -0700
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 15:55, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Windows and linux (ubuntu, with the nvidia driver) work great on this same
> hardware, so I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that the problem is with
> freebsd/current somewhere. In addition to the -current partition I also
> installed amd64 8.1-RELEASE so I'll give that a go next, but I wanted to ask
> here first if anyone else was having problems on -current.

I am running 256.53 on amd64 current (r213747). I don't use anything
linux (the module isn't loaded) and built the driver with all options
off except ACPI_PM. My custom kernel does not have "device agp".

I use XFCE 4, don't really run anything graphically intense, and
shutdown at night. I haven't had any problems, but IIRC from your past
threads, the issues sort of build over time so I simply may not be
aggravating the problem enough.

The system is a HP Pavillion dv6405us laptop with a GeForce Go 6150.
This is a pretty crappy card, even in Windows (the whole system was
$500 3 years ago - it was one of those computers that supposedly was
"Vista Ready" but could barely boot it), so I doubt I am gaining much
over vesa though.

--
Rob Farmer