Re: IPV6 Checksum offload and TSO6

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:20:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Jack Vogel wrote:

Hi,

> I had occasion to think about this, and I was wondering if someone is
> working to add
> either or both of these features, Intel's hardware supports it, it does not
> seem that
> hard to add, or am I missing something?

Strange that I had been thinking of that last night and talking to
poeple today.  It's kind of on the roadmap here for mid-November.

It's mostly freebsd infrastructure that's missing for it (along with
some cleanup on the flags in a couple of places).  tuexen_at_ wanted to
get the CSUM_* stuff done for SCTP as well but I haven't re-pinged
him on that one yet.

Do you know if we have Intel cards in the netperf cluster that can
actually do it for testing?  What's the matrix for the various cards
for v6 offloads?
 	TCP/UDP/SCTP?
 	IP?
 	TSO?
 	TOE?

Imho noone does TOE6 yet (correct me if wrong)  but I'd like to get
the others all sorted then.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.
         <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!