Re: IPV6 Checksum offload and TSO6

From: Jack Vogel <jfvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:52:51 -0700
Looked to me like Michael already has the SCTP stuff in the inet6 code.
Not sure if it needs further enabling or what??

I'm not positive about what cards are in the netperf cluster. Any card
that em, igb, and ixgbe supports can do the TCP/UDP checksum
offloads whether in IPv4 or 6 if handed to it. TSO is a TCP segmentation
so it also is a matter of IPv6 allowing it to do so, at least that is my
present understanding.

SCTP offload can only be handled in the igb and ixgbe drivers, none of
the em hardware can do it (at least not as of today).

Personally its TSO that I care most about, but the protocol checksums
might as well be available too.

Jack