Re: ZFS v28 is ready for wider testing.

From: jhell <jhell_at_DataIX.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 07:51:34 -0400
On 09/03/2010 13:02, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 04:50:44PM +0100, Peter Molnar, BSD wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to try ZFS + VirtualBox but I have got problems:
>>

>> 1) Linux 2.6.32-24-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 20 14:21:58 UTC 2010
>> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> I tried import that file in my  VirtualBox but I have got error:
>> Failed to import appliance.
>> /home/peter/FreeBSD/zfsv28.ovf
>> Too many IDE controllers in OVF; import facility only supports one.
>
> Which VirtualBox version do you use? 3.2.8?
>
> Exporting appliances is a bit broken (if you have more than one disk, it
> will point all disks at the last one from configuration), so I had to
> edit .ovf file manually to fix this. Maybe I messed something up, but I
> was able to successfully import it before publishing it.
>
> PS. I waited for so long for decent virtualization software for FreeBSD,
> and I must say VirtualBox is really great, and free, and open-source
> Are you reading this, VMWare?

They will only read it if it comes with a disclaimer and they're license
attached to the top along with a contract signed by you so when they
disagree with it they can hand you a pink-slip with they're license
attached to the top.

As for VirtualBox, which is a Sun thing, gone Oratorically wrong... How
long does anyone expect this technology to stick around?.

--

 jhell,v